Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Southern Baked Beans

Jen's Baked Beans

I should warn you know that Baked Beans are an example of my family's cooking at its most ingenious. I told you all in my first post that if it wasn't easy and fast that I didn't want to do it.

Main Ingredients:
2 cans Pork and Beans

Throw Ins:
Ground hamburger, cooked
Cooked ham or bacon
Couple big squirts of ketchup
Big squirt of mustard
Medium squirt of steak sauce
1/2 cup or so of BBQ sauce
palmful of brown sugar
onion, finely chopped


Just like the fruit salad, this is SUPER EASY! It's nothing but Variations.

Step 1: Open the Pork and Beans, pour into a pot or Dutch Oven
Step 2: Add whatever throw in ingredients you have on hand that you like
Step 3: Bake all ingredients at 350 for an hour OR let simmer on medium-low until ready to eat!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Instead of hamburger, I love adding browned sausage (like Jimmy Dean) to my baked beans. The spicy meat is a good contrast to the sweet sauce.

michalsam said...

Healthy frozen chicken Breasts Benefits and cons