Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I am pleased to share my Easy Peasy Gaucamole Dip.

Jen's Easy Guac
2 large, ripe avocados (peeled and cut into chunks or mashed)
1 small - med tomato, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 lemon or lime, halved
Cilantro, optional
Salt and pepper to taste

Just combine everything in a bowl, except lemon or lime.  Juice citrus fruit over bowl, stir, chill if desired, and enjoy.

Jen's Even Easier Guacamole
2-3 large, ripe avocados (peeled and mashed)
1 can regular Ro-Tel or Mexican Festival Rotel, drained well
optional: 1 small onion, chopped
1 lemon or lime, halved.

Combine avocados, Ro-Tel, and onion.  Juice lemon/lime over bowl.  Enjoy.

***********************************
I love guacamole!  Avocados are a good fat and about half a cup is a fruit or veggie serving.  I know they pack a bit more of a calorie punch than salsa, but this meets my need for creamy goodness in a way salsa can't...and keeps me from reaching for the cheese dip.

Make your own gaucamole?  Share the recipe!

No comments: